Staff Accountant Houston, TX
The Staff Accountant provides support to the Controller in all aspects of accounting.
- Prepares and consolidates financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger
- Prepares and processes vendors payments
- Processes disbursements
- Reconciles accounts
- Manages employee credit card statements and charges
- Inputs all vendor invoices into company’s job costing system
- Assists controller with payroll processing
- Performs additional accounting, financial, and/or administrative tasks, as needed
- Clear and effective communication skills with all internal teams.
- Collaborates with team members
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounting is required
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/Quick Books
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to anticipate problems, analyze and proactively determine alternate solutions
- Must be accurate, organized, and detail oriented.
- Ability to work flexible hours under extreme pressure and maintain deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, change priorities, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to assume responsibility for completion of tasks in the absence of direct supervision