Logistics Coordinator Houston, TX
The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for managing all aspects of shipments as well as inspection and distribution of goods received. Other duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Handles all couriers, FedEx and UPS, freight vendors, etc.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Understand and observe all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury
- Keep the receiving area clean, safe, and organized.
- Performs the inspection of goods received.
- Identifies damaged or defective items.
- Identifies discrepancies in quantities and/or weight.
- Follows up to correct discrepancies, as appropriate, in a timely manner.
- Verifies goods against records of shipment.
- Maintains paper logs, job packing lists, or computer data base to record all relevant information about shipments/receipts.
- Moves goods or interacts with warehouse handlers to ensure that the goods are properly moved and stored in the warehouse or temporary facility.
- Unpack incoming AV and Rental furniture (merchandise) and tag merchandise with correct PO number.
- Works efficiency in order to meet daily, weekly, project or team related productivity goals/deadlines.
- Inputs all tracking and crating information in Project.
- Ensures all documents are scanned and added to orders in Project.
- Ability to Upload PDF files BOL's and photos to Exhibit Force.
- Enter information received into receiving log, ensure all data is in Project and communicate appropriately when items are received.
- Liaise with Project Manager(s) and Warehouse Manager for any work overflow
- Assist other departments, i.e. wrapping skids, filling out manifests and packing lists if needed as workload allows
- Reliable transportation and excellent attendance
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to push/pull 30 to 50 lbs on a repetitive basis
- Math and problem solving required
- Ability to follow both oral and written directions/instructions
- Ability to work on feet for prolonged periods of time
- OT and weekends may be required
- Ability to work with computer programs (Excel and Microsoft Word)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to operate a forklift, certification is preferred