Carpenter St. Louis, MO
The Carpenter will work from engineering drawings, specifications, and work order instructions to design, build, retrofit, maintain and repair various types of exhibit, trade show structures and their components. Additionally, carpenters will inspect completed work for conformance with specifications, requirements and compliance with applicable standards and quality.
- Effectively work with a team of carpenters to construct assigned projects from start to completion
- Accurately interpret and work from plans and fabrication drawings
- Thoroughly review, understand and follow work order instructions, drawings, specifications and renderings
specific to a projects scope.
- Experience working with a range of materials, to include plywood, MDF, laminate, aluminum extrusion systems
- Manage materials to ensure cost effectiveness and efficiency on project
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area
- Effectively work as part of a team while interfacing with all levels of staff and clientele
- Work well in a fast-pace, rapidly changing work environment
- Adhere to company safety guidelines, policies, and procedures
- 2-3 years of millwork experience, preferred
- Strong background in trade show, retail display or architectural millwork fabrication & installation
- Ability to use various fabrication equipment, to include a table saws, routers, hand-tools, etc.
- Willingness to cross-train, learn and perform additional fabrication duties
- Strong sense of pride in workmanship
- Critical thinking, planning, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working independently and in team environment
- Follow and give oral or written instructions, maintaining cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to manage priorities, demands, and timelines
- Flexibility to work occasionally weekends, overtime , and out of town travel for occasional offsite installations