As the year draws to a close, corporate conference rooms worldwide are filled with event marketers and managers who are meeting to develop, fine tune and hone their plans and budgets. At the heart of this process is one key component, facing marketers worldwide: Proving Value. It is worth it? Value must be proved to those with greater spending and decision authority – is this tradeshow worth it? Is this event the best use of our resources, including time, money and people. Can you prove it? As you toggle between proving value to your internal target audience, senior management and the like, we know you must also consider the all-important other audience: your targeted prospects and valued clients. Again, you must drill down and carefully consider their needs. Why on earth should they consider stepping foot into your tradeshow booth, to spend time with your team.
Walk in their shoes. What are their needs and what are they trying to accomplish? Time is tight. Resources, oftentimes, are even tighter.
What do they want?
According to a recent survey published by The Center for Exhibition Industry Research, attendee needs are pretty straightforward.
- #1 reason for attendees is to see new products. Exhibitor tip: Do an in-booth product demonstration.
- Your attendees will tell approximately 6+ people about their experience.
- 38% of attendees are first-time attendees. That’s nearly four out of every ten are first timers to that show.
- 85% of decision makers say attending trade shows saves their company time and money by bringing vendors together under one roof.
- To what do attendees attribute a positive experience? According to attendees, 85% of an exhibitor’s success lies in the performance of the staff.
- Over the course of the average tradeshow, the duration of time spent attendees visiting exhibits has increased by 5%. Attendees spend an average of nine hours and 2.3 days (per show) visiting exhibits.
As you try mightily to focus on the matter at hand, know that we can help. With more than 25 years of award-winning experience helping event marketers, tradeshow managers and sales teams reach their objectives and prove results, we can walk you through the process. Help to identify your needs and offer some tangible solutions. How can we help?PREVIOUS POST NEXT POST