Forklift Operator / Warehouse Tech
Successfully move materials through the facility. The incumbent will perform general warehouse duties including but not limited to; move freight, load and unload from shipping / receiving. Picking and Packing freight from racks to their designated areas or departments. Interact with AM’s, PM’s, shipping and receiving clerks to work as a team when loading and unloading freight. Actively communicate with supervisors to effectively handle materials and notify them of problems or concerns. Properly document work performed.
Stacks skids or pallets in designated areas. Clean up and dispose of trash as needed in the storage isles. Promote a clean, safe and positive work environment. Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Conduct operations that promote safety. Comply with OSHA requirements. The operator is accountable for the safe and
efficient operation of the vehicle and may be required to perform other duties as needed by the industry.
Cross train in the receiving department to successfully cover breaks and vacation time of the receiving tech. Will be required to maintain the warehouse locations spreadsheet with changes daily.
- Reliable transportation and excellent attendance
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to lift, pull/push 30 to 50 pounds on repetitive basis
- Computer knowledge is required - Work with computer programs like Excel and Word
- Math and problem solving required
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to work on feet for prolonged periods of time- OT and weekends may be required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must hold a valid forklift operator license from a recognized training provider