Environmental Designer Houston Office
The ideal candidate has a passion for architecture, art, color, creative solutions and innovative
Candidate will work closely with the Design Directors and project team on conceptual
designs, presentations and design development.
Must be a strong and highly motivated 3D designer who will be required to quickly generate
multiple initial concepts and develop them into viable design solutions.
Will be responsible for the design of a wide variety of graphics, signage and wayfinding
projects, branded environments and other custom applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in architecture, interior design or related field
- Ability to visualize ideas in two and three dimensions
- A strong design sensibility with the ability to integrate messaging, color, imagery and type into three-dimensional built solutions
- Demonstrates a passion for bringing brands to life via physical spaces, in coordination
with architectural and interior design
- Maintain strong understanding of client needs and objectives including their
business, vision, goals, brand guidelines and design standards
- Highly skilled in conceptual ideation and collaborative brainstorming
- Excels designing within creative and strategic frameworks
- Collaborate with the Environmental team to gain understanding of internal expectations
regarding design process and fabrication
- Creates client presentations that clarify, inspire and motivate
- Confident understanding of scale, typography, color, materials and lighting and their
roles within physical spaces
- Strategic & systematic attention to detail
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to problem solve both individually and as a part of a project team
- Basic ability to read architectural documents and a comprehension of architectural
scales, sections, plans and elevations
- Proficiency in the use of 2D/3D software, Sketchup, Vectorworks, PhotoShop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Understanding of AutoCAD, 3D Studio MAX, is a plus